Saturday, March 26, 2011

His father's son

Drew asked for a screwdriver today so he could take stuff apart. I think he managed to dismantle 3 things this evening before bedtime...and naturally has only reassembled two of them. Bruce said he took apart half the items in his house as a child, so I guess it's genetic. I still prefer the "it's magic" explanation to how things work myself. Everything from electricity to phone lines to how they get those little ships inside bottles. It's all magic and if you try to actually explain it to me you'll likely find me covering my ears and saying "La la la la la la" at the top of my lungs.

Another Drew funny for today. I saw him with a box of Cheese-Its and asked him to put them away and get a fruit or vegetable instead. He said, "But mom--it says right here on the box that this has a full serving of vegetables." And sure enough, it did...because he'd taken a pen and written that very information right on top of the box.

No comments: