Sunday, March 20, 2011

Christmas 2010

It seems as though we've had more trouble getting a family get-together at Christmas than I have getting a good-fitting bra. A few years back, Bruce woke up vomiting...Christmas canceled. Another year I came down with it...Christmas canceled. In 2009, Grandpa Kennedy was in the hospital with 3 life-threatening infections...Christmas postponed.

This year it was Dad and Uncle John's turn. Dad was in the hospital up until the 24th with some odd strokelike symptoms. Uncle John was feeling crummy from cancer treatments. In the end, we decided to just have the Johnson clan (meaning my family, Adam's family, Mom and Dad) over on Christmas day. It turned out fine, but the days leading up to it were not days I care to repeat. Ever.

Anyhow, Christmas itself was relatively uneventful. Drew's big presents were video games, Legos, and a CD-ROM with 50 years' worth of Mad Magazine on it. Erin got 10,000 things with 50,000 little pieces (Barbie ensembles, Squinkies, Littlest Pet Shop). What I asked for was new shutters for the house, knowing they wouldn't exactly be getting installed until spring. Bruce did buy 2 shutters so that I'd have something to look at! Bruce's big present actually came a couple of weeks earlier when he and his brother, Brian, went to Minnesota to see a live Vikings game.

Incidentally, it is now March 20 and I still have no hung shutters. But they just went on sale at Menard's today--so I may get them just in time for my birthday!

No comments: