Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our little Booger

This one cracked me up! Tonight Erin was playing house with me. Instead of being the "big sister" or the "little sister" or even "Baby Mattea", this time she had me play the part of a dog. Apparently I'm quite the dog because she offered me her gymnastics leotard and took me to the zoo. Snoopy never got this much action. At any rate, whilst barking and whatnot, I discovered that Erin had a giant booger on her cheek. Trying to stay in character, I barked, "Woof! Woof! Arf! You have a booger on your cheek. Ruff!" Erin felt around for it, found it, and proceeded to flick. Well, yuck. I abandoned character completely and said, "Erin! You're supposed to put that in a trash can." To which she responded, "I KNOW! But YOU AREN'T ABLE TO TALK!"

But in more positive news, tonight she let me do a little phonics work with her and she was totally getting it. I think with a few more months' work she'll be able to sound out some words. I think I'll start with words like "kleenex" and "tissue".

No comments: